Saturday, September 21, 2013

This how my brain works

Nudge the cat back in from the porch and laugh at her "how dare a mere mortal touch me!" look. Tell the cat that she is not immortal and will, to my great sadness, one day die and be returned to the Earth. 

Wonder out loud if my previous cats, buried several years ago, are completely decomposed or if there would be bones. David suggests googling. I do and it is apparently a fairly common question. Discover that it takes 8 years for human bone buried in loose earth to decompose and only a few years for animal bones to turn to ash. 

Read an account of a woman who wants to plant a bush where she buried her cat, but does not want to see her cat partially decomposed. Think to myself that a flower bush would be a great memorial. Remind myself I have a black thumb. 

Then think that I have to go dust my fake flowers on my shelf, one of which has a real muskrat skull placed in the middle of it.

Laugh because it's circular.

No comments:

Post a Comment